Printable version of Jesse Coleman’s Resume.
Multi-disciplined designer with twelve years experience – I enjoy collaborating with great people to solve interesting and complex problems.
- Agile and adaptable skills in interaction design principles, with an intuitive focus on end-user needs and the technical experience to convert insight into solutions
- Experienced in iterative design process using OmniGraffle, Illustrator, and InVision.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator – with over two years experience presenting UX roadmap and principles to fortune 500 customers, sales teams, and executives at Polycom.
- Emotionally intelligent, outgoing, and extremely friendly with a passion for seeking out sustainable solutions.
- UI experience with video, desktop applications, mobile apps, TV UI, web application, and desktop phones – currently defining a pattern library for Polycom with adaptive consistency between screen sizes and input types.
- Intuitive understanding of interaction design principles, ability to prioritize multi-faceted problems and the technical experience to convert insight into solutions.
- Experienced in iterative design collaboration process with complex cross functional teams.
User Experience Strategist and Sr. UX Designer – Polycom – Austin, TX 2012-Present (3 years)
At Polycom my UX work has been focused on Video/Audio Collaboration, researching how people meet and share ideas both in person and over video. I love the forest (strategy and patterns) and the trees (details and complexity). As the User Experience Strategist for Polycom I am focused on working with our engineering teams and product managers to drive adaptive consistency throughout our product UIs. I have experience with all of our UI’s from desktop phones to TVs, from Touch driven to Remote driven.
- Awarded an excellence in collaboration by colleagues.
- Promoted each year with manager review of “Exceeded Expectations” – a distinction given out to a limited number of employees each year.
- Lead the design effort to create the first set of consistent icons used globally throughout all end user products.
- Consultant for conceptualizing workplace of the future technologies with existing solutions.
- Successfully presented to executive staff the need to invest more in UI and UX efforts – this resulted in UX team growth and UX becoming one of the four strategic goals for Polycom.
- Frequently requested speaker with experience presenting to customers, sales teams, and expo presentations.
- Developed requirements and logic for an analytics based video collaboration tool – currently under review for a patent.
User Experience Designer and Content Strategist – White Lion Internet Agency – Austin, TX 2011-2012 (4 months)
Collaborative position focused on educating and engaging clients in processing user and business goals into a sustainable online strategies
- Designed and presented all wireframing and content coordination through iterative collaboration with sales, project managers, programmers, designers and clients
- Created wireframing templates and design library of common pages and elements resulting a significant improvement in quality and efficiency
- Designed a new client content collection template with clear examples and organized for easier visual parsing of the form
- Researched web form tactics shown to encourage user retention and improve user conversion rates -implemented these best practices into a new e-commerce work flow template
Project Manager and Office Technology Manager – Andersson Wise Architects – Austin, TX 2005-2011 (6 years)
Managed all phases of the design and construction process utilizing drafting, sketching, 3D modeling, renderings, user surveys and meticulously tracking decisions and iterations. Design, proportion, structure and client needs were all goals that had to be balanced and processed throughout time sensitive projects.
- Promoted to lead project manager, after eight months, to oversee a $5.1 million university museum project. Published
- Through a user centered approach, successfully managed and navigated the renovation and remodeling of a historic Austin home in Old Enfield neighborhood. Daily problem solving the delicate coordination of goals between client, contractor and principles.
- Worked as key member of the design production team producing models and presentation documents for the W hotel, winning the state competition to develop Austin’s Block 21.
- Remotely managed the design and construction of a small cabin on Flathead Lake in Montana utilizing 3D modeling and Building Information Modeling software. Published – Architectural Review, November 2009 and Natural Home and Garden.
- Designed and developed multiple slideshows and client questionnaires in the fundraising and congregational coordination for the design development and construction document phases of a $4 million Synagogue and Offices at the Dell Jewish Community Center.
- Managed the construction process for $4.5 million high school project at St. Stephens Episcopal School navigating difficult site and weather constraints to bring the project to completion on time. Published –Contract Magazine, February 2009.
- Managed the design and construction phases of a $3 million Lodge and Gun House for 11,000 acre ranch in South Texas with demanding client time constraints
- Designed iWork templates used by all project managers to track decisions, reviews and changes during construction.
- Developed and deployed drafting standards templates for commercial and residential projects shaving days off of new project creation.
- Advised and implemented new office time tracking solution resulting in 75% increase in billing process efficiency
Project Manager – Black and Vernooy Architecture and Urban Design – Austin, TX 2003-2005
Collaborated and managed the construction documents for south Austin condominium project. Chosen after one year to coordinate the master-plan and marketing drawings for a proposed golf club house and development in west Austin. Designed, coordinated, and built private company deck and trellis. Reviewed and successfully coordinated multiple projects’ compliance with city code and permit requirements.
Bachelor of Architecture – University of Texas at Austin Graduated December 2002
- Project Distinction awarded by panel of professors for Sound Building Design project
- Studio Europe scholarship for Spring 2001
- Studied Under Architectural critic Wilfred Wang Spring 2003 Studio Norway
- One year in Aspen, Colorado – Full time Snowboarder
- One year study abroad – Sentani, Papua, Indonesia
Technical tools of Choice
- Omnigraffle- Vector based graphics and wire framing –
- Invision – Clickable prototyping tool
- Adobe Illustrator-Iconography – Vector graphics
- Keynote – Presentations, Animations
- HTML, CSS – when I need to
Printable version of Jesse Coleman’s Resume.